How does an electronic record compare to paper records?
The most common reaction is “electronic records cost too much”! But does it really?
There is a cost to paper records, there is a cost to electronic records. The result is about access and efficiency – it might be trading the cost of inefficiency for the cost of efficiency. It might mean not needing office space, storage space, or staff just to manage and transport papers!
Things to consider:
Do you want more time with your participants or do you just love your charts?
- How many times do you touch a paper document?
- How long does it take you to get it to the right person – to the right place – to the right chart?
- How many people have to see the paper document?
- Do you copy the document?
- Do you transport the document to service sites?
- Do you have staff who copy and mail out documents?
- How much paper do you buy?
- How much toner do you buy?
FOCUS is paperless – the document is in one location and all locations at the same time. Focus on what matters most.